AMG Heritage Awards
Welcome to the Artists Music Guild Heritage Awards web site!
Call for Entries 2017
2017 Call for Entries is now closed.
AWARDS RULES AND CHANGES
Since the Guild is becoming one of the most prestigious awards to possess it has become necessary for us to re-evaluate our awards qualifications so that the industry does not confuse us with lower based awards programs. The Guild is aspiring to higher levels and we will require the same of our nominees. So, here are some changes we are implementing effective immediately.
- Call For Entries will begin on Jan 1 and run through Mar 1st with no extensions this year. (Extended due to server issues to Mar 3rd)
The following categories must meet the following criteria:
- Song of the Year: Entry must include the name of the song, artist(s) and the writer(s). If that information is not included the entry will be automatically disqualified. The song must have been played on various formats and have proof of sales through CD Baby, Amazon, ITunes or Reverbnation. If the song was on a chart it is at the Guild's discretion as to the legitimacy of said chart. The chart must be legitimate and verifiable. **There are charts that the Guild will disqualify immediately upon submission so please check with us before submitting your chart information.
- Album of the Year: Entry must include complete name of the album and performing artist or group. We must be provided with a link to the whole album. We will accept Spotify, ReverbNation, ITunes, Pandora and CD Baby as long as they have the complete album cuts. We will also require to see airplay records and download records to ensure that the album deserves this type of recognition. If the album is being sold on Amazon, ITunes or Cd Baby then these records are easily accessible and will be required.
- Video of the Year: Video must be played on various social media outlets and have more than 1000 views unless the video was released close to our cut off dates. In which case the video must have a minimum of 250 hits.
- Male/Female Vocalist of the Year: Nominees in this category can no longer be a part of a group unless they have released a solo project outside of that group. Male or female vocalists are to be a solo performer only. Names submitted for these categories who are members of a group will be automatically disqualified from that entry.
- Nominees will be notified via their official Facebook pages or websites. We will make every effort to notify you via email if we have been provided with your email address in advance. Artists who are notified of their nomination(s) must purchase their Heritage Awards tickets upon acceptance of the nomination. Due to lack of seating and artists complaining that they did not get seats due to sellout crowds we are forced to seat our nominees immediately. If you do not reserve your tickets upon notification your nomination will be voided. No exceptions.
- The Guild will add the category of Songwriter of the Year into our awards show lineup. Songwriter of the year must have a valid recorded piece and it must be registered with the US Copyright Office. The song(s) may be recorded by someone other than the songwriter but only the songwriter will receive the award.
These rules and changes can also be found on the Guild's official website under the artists handbook section.